Shortly before and after World War One, the area around Boultham Park Road was growing with new housing. Boultham Hall and its surrounding land, totalling something like 5,000 acres was sold in 1913 to Nottingham develop… Click to read this article
This gallery contains 4 photos.
The picture to the left shows Eastgate from the Bailgate junction. Even though this line of Eastgate would go through the Roman gate from which it gets its name, the road would not have been trodden by a Roman citizen … Continue reading
This gallery contains 2 photos.
Lincolnshire Longwool was once one of the most important breeds of sheep in this country. These sheep made the fortunes of many families in Lincolnshire: the wool from the sheep was exported to Europe and the sheep were walked to … Continue reading
This gallery contains 3 photos.
Until 1815 the place of execution in Lincoln was at the corner of Burton Road and Westgate, where the convenience store and adjoining cottages now stand, and was known as Hangman’s Ditch. The last person hanged on the old gallows was … Continue reading